If you’re not looking to develop a long-term coaching relationship but want feedback and guidance on a specific document, a document review might be the right option for you. In a document review, I read your work the way your target audience might read it to provide feedback on argumentation, organization and structure, coherence, and sentence-level clarity. I don’t edit the document for you; I provide commentary and suggestions for revision so that you retain control of your document and your voice.
Document reviews are ideal for short, high-stakes documents:
- CVs or resumes
- Cover letters
- Grant applications
- The proposal section of scholarship applications
- Teaching philosophy statements
- Personal statements for graduate school applications
Unlike individual coaching packages, which include virtual consultations, document review takes place asynchronously over email.
Document reviews cost $150.00 CAD and consist of the following components:
- a pre-review questionnaire so that I can learn more about your goals, audience, and concerns for this particular document
- reading up to 6 pages of your document draft
- a copy of your document with my commentary and suggestions using the “comments” function in Word or Google Docs
- an audio file explaining my commentary and suggestions
- responses to your follow-up questions via email
Get in touch to discuss working together!